Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 October 2011

Almost Full Circle.

Today I battled with the vacuum cleaner, which has  a terrifying suction akin to a "Black Hole" in space.  I dusted every surface know to mankind, cleaned the kitchen units,  and blitzed the bathroom.  At 11am  I stopped for a cuppa, because too  much housework is not good for my constitution.   On and off throughout the day I have been sprucing up the place, and the flat now sparkles.  My suitcase is packed  ready for my departure, (I think I have less than I came with,) and tomorrow I catch the 08.28 bus to the railway station.  The plane leaves Hannover at 13.35 CET and I should arrive in Southampton at 14.30 GMT, so, with a bit of luck,  I could be back in Devizes by 17.15.

The fields outside my windows have been ploughed, and yesterday the seed spreaders were out  sowing this winter's crop.  There is a symmetary about my stay, for when  I arrived, I watched the scarsely visible crops grow and be finally gathered only last week.  Now a new cycle has begun and I am sad to leave, although I don't like the dark evenings and I can do without German saucer sized spiders.  I do wish I could learn to love the little creatures, but apparently arachnophobia is in the genes, so I'll blame my parents!   Back tomorrow with news of the return journey and stories of anything else that happens to unfold before my very  eyes.  Gute Nacht, schlaf gut!

No comments:

Post a Comment