Powered By Blogger

Friday 7 October 2011

Timmerlah to Devizes, via Hannover and Southampton.

My distant Executive Jet awaits me!   No not really!  I travelled back on the Fybe "Bombadier Dash 1"  below, complete with propellers, and I do like a good pair of propellers.  I'd earlier caught the 08.28 bus from Timmerlah and had a bit of luck, because the M5 tram to the station was, uncharacteristically, running five minutes late.  I managed to arrive at Braunschweig station with 20 minutes to spare instead of the ten minute dash to the platform I had expected.  My legs do not like to dash anymore.   After an uneventful journey to the airport, the flight was delayed by a technical fault on the incoming plane, so we left 30  minutes late.  With the wind behind us we managed to land only 20 minutes late at Southampton.  

I am pleased to be back to my evening social life in Devizes, and at the moment, the English spiders seem to be smaller than their German counterparts.  Tomorrow I shall finish this blog by mentioning all the most memorable highlights of my wonderful stay in Timmerlah and Braunschweig.  I look forward to my return in April 2012.  Good night, sleep tight, I am weary, back tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment