Powered By Blogger

Saturday 8 October 2011

Some Final Words and Nice to be back to my Widescreen Monitor.

It was a wonderful six months living in Timmerlah and Braunschweig, a visit I shall never forget and which I hope to repeat in 2012.  I enjoyed the opportunity to live an ordinary life in another country, and  best of all, the chance to sing in German with a German choir, and to walk with Monika's lovely group and to enjoy the beauty of the Elm Forest.  My visit to Dresden and listening to some Bach in the Frauenkirche and the coach tour of the Essen industrial area were another two highlights.  I visited Leipzig and paid homage to JS Bach at his tomb in the Thomaskirche, I could not believe I was there, and came the closest I have ever been to the great composer.  I enjoyed watching the changing seasons from the windows of my flat,  from where I could see a distant "Brocken."  The daily trains passed by, the crops grew and the windmills on the hilltop generated non stop energy.   Elderly ladies with no English spoke their friendly German to me at the bus stops when  I travelled on the buses and the trams.  I enjoyed every moment, and look forward to  my return to Timmerlah at the end of April 2012.  

The photo above shows my two pcs, the little netbook with the tiny screen that served me so well for the six months and my 21in Dell monitor.  It is so nice not to have to peer intently at a tiny screen anymore, and I can now use my German keyboard again, it's nice to have my:  äää ööö üüü ßßß, umlauts and essets back.  Well that is it!  I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and "watch this space."   After a short break I will start a "Devizes Diary, the tales of a would be writer."  Me!  My final word is,  "Aufwiedersehen. "

No comments:

Post a Comment