Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 March 2011

In Heaven with Wolfi (my man of the moment) and his Great Mass in C Minor.

My Man Wolfi
Now it's "Come back down to Earth time."  Our performance was wonderful, we sang as angels in the Choir of the magnificent 13th century Church of St Mary, against a backdrop of illuminated Norman arches and decorated Early English capitals. Our accompanists were a string quartet, the church organ and the soloists, a sparkling soprano, an alto, a tenor and a resonant bass who all sang with energy.  This was a "Scratch" performance and with only four rehearsals, we were able to perform the Mass with great attack, the only way this work can be sung.  Thank you my Austrian friend for writing such a dramatic masterpiece.

Today will be quiet, I must do some shopping and live life on planet Earth again instead of in Heaven.  Right I need 6 eggs, milk, bread, cheese (Mondseer, made in Saltzburg) and ahhh what shall I have for supper tonight Wolfi?

No comments:

Post a Comment