Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 March 2011

Two Choirs/Music/Singing/My Man Wolfi Mozart.

Hiding behind my score.
I have to sing (shame about my voice) but without singing and music I am a lost soul, (well not quite)  This year at Marlborough College Choral Society we are singing Ralf Vaughan Williams, "Dona Nobis Pacem" a dramatic work describing the threatening mood of war in Europe in 1936.  I do like a melody in my music and this piece, by its very nature, has no melody.  With an orchestra and soloists we will be "alright on the night" and will sing well, (thank goodness) I must persevere with the music, it is good for my soul, (so I am led to believe)

This Sunday I have another two practices with the "White Horse Opera" singing Mozart's "Great Mass in C Minor," with our concert in the evening.   Now this work has  a melody, so Wolfi and I are getting on very well at the moment,  (really very well indeed)  My favourite excerpt is the "Qui tollis."  Mozart's life was fragmenting when he wrote this Mass, and this excerpt particulary reflects his tragic mood, (never mind Wolfi, I will always love you)

No comments:

Post a Comment