Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 April 2011

Braunschweig Cathedral (again) and the Main Station.

Seven armed Bronze Candlestick dated 1170-1180
I haven't got round to cycling yet, I needed a few days of concentrated traffic watching to acclimatize to vehicles being on the wrong side of the road!  I must be careful, it is so easy to forget and step off the curb in my casual English way.

On Wednesday I returned to the Cathedral to source tickets for a performance of the St Matthew Passion by JS Bach (my boyfriend.)  The performance is today, Good Friday at 15.00.  Online booking has closed so hopefully I can buy a ticket on the door.  It will sound wonderful, the music and singing will reverberate around the vaulting.  

I would like to visit Goslar again, a lovely town at the foot of the Harz Mountains.  I visited last year and knew I would have to return for a more concentrated viewing.  I walked to the main station, (got lost at one stage) but knew I needed to go straight on, veering slightly to the left!   I found what I needed, train times to Goslar from platform 2 and trains to Dresden and Leipzig, I've forgotten the platform number but I don't visit until mid June.

Visit:  www.braunschweig.de/english  for info and pictures of the city.   Wikipedia has more information about the places I mention, try:   Brunswick, Germany, (there are several Brunswicks around the world,)  Brunswick Cathedral,  Henry the Lion and Goslar.

No comments:

Post a Comment