Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 April 2011

A Visit from Friends and a Walk in Timmerlah Woodland.

Easter Sunday was another quiet day, although two new friends visited during the morning, Ulli from the choir I'm about to join and her son, who is a doctor working in a London hospital and who lives in Chalfont St Giles.  He has lived in England for many years and speaks perfect English.  He's on Facebook so we will be able to keep in touch.  The word Facebook has become a verb, to facebook!    We have both been facebooked!!

Ulli and I had a good chat about the choir, the Chorverein "Concordia-Brunsviga" Braunschweig.  The choir consists of a group of older people who, like myself, enjoy singing.  Ulli gave me a CD of a choir concert performance and the choir sounds really good.  They sing some popular songs in English, "Moon River" being one, and sang delightfully.  I'm looking forward to singing again and in German.  I've sung JS Bach's (my boyfriend)  Cantatas in German over the years, so I don't envisage too much of a problem.  English songs will be a doddle!

I do not have a particular faith, but there is a saying,  "Those who sing, pray twice." Singing is a great way to celebrate life, even if you are a bit tone deaf!  To sing is also good for the lungs,  a daily sing up might just add a few years to your life.  Happy days and enjoy the sunshine, it is very hot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment