Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Norbert's Brief Love Affair and Rasputin Expires in German.


Norbert's brief love affair with Golden Bunny.
 Poor Norbert, on Ostersonntag he met Golden Bunny, a Lindt chocolate friend and it was love and kisses at first sight!  However Golden Bunny has disappeared, gone, melted into thin air without so much of a, "Goodbye Norbert, I will always love you."   Someone ate him, I don't know who, well, actually it was me!

I have discovered a TV station showing English and American films dubbed into German.  Ostersonntag evening I watched "Murial's Wedding" and last night the attempts to kill Rasputin, which took a pint of poison-laced wine and multiple gunshots, played itself out in wonderful German, the gasps, gulps, uggghhhhs and bangs needed no translation.  

Of course, everyone speaks too quickly, but what I grasp is the melody of the language, waiting for the verb at the end of some sentences, and the proper pronunciation.  On Radio the best programmes are Church services, where the priest addresses the congregation in measured terms, slowly and so easy to understand.   Byeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment