Powered By Blogger

Friday 29 April 2011

Thursday I had the Baking of Scones, on Royal Wedding Day we eat them!


 
After.
Before
I am not a cake maker, my only attempt at making a Lemon Merangue pie ended in failure, when I produced what looked like a coagulated mush of thick slimy  custard. It lay on the bottom of a dish and refused to come out.   Cakes seem to know I don't like them, so they gang up on me!  Anyway the scones are not too bad, they taste nice, I have eaten two already and with butter and jam, kindly provided by J in Querum when I visit to watch the Wedding they will taste "Lecker!!

There was a storm in Timmerlah on Wednesday evening, big bangs in the garden and lots of lightning.  It was spectacular to watch over the wide landscape outside my lounge window.  I eventually lowered the "Jaluosien" the louvered blinds outside the windows, and to which I referred in an earlier Blog.   Another good use for the blinds is for  those who hate storms, you can shut out the wild flashes and no rain lashes the  windows.   Off now to watch the Wedding,  I hope you all have a wonderful extra holiday everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment