Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 19 April 2011

The First Day, a Walk to the Canal and a Friend Visits.

The first walk of my lengthy stay was to the Strichkanal Salzgitter canal, seen in the middle of the map with the village ofTimmerlah to the right and a return walk of about 3.5 miles.  This part of Germany is very flat, you can see where you want to go miles before you get there, it's wonder that cyclists like it, no hills and really excellent cycleways.  I have the use of "Wicki" again, my trusty bicycle from last year.  She lies dormant at the moment, I'm not feeling that energetic just yet and the sun is hot in a coudless sky.  I hope Wicki knows her way about as I intend cycling into the city and along the towpath to visit friends.

Monika visited last night, we ate strawberries, drank tea and spoke mostly German, I now have so many words at my command, I can chat about or around most topics.  I also received another present, a Easter Hare whose German name is Meister Lampe, so he joins Norbert, Brian and Squirrel as one of my necessary travelling companions.

I also have a good internet connection, so I can now update this Blog with ease.  I use my pc for so much of my work, the loss of a connection is a bit of a bind!   Last night a kind IT neighbour visited and entered all sorts of numbers and codes into a grid, pressed a few buttons and "Hay presto" I can keep you all updated on my Timmerlah/BS goings on. Oh well, I am a "Bus Timetable Anorak" and a "PC Nerd" too!"   Egal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment