Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 April 2011

An Idle Day with a Bit of Shopping and Pondering the Usefulness of Electric Blinds.


In dappled light, Norbert, Mr Lampe, Squirrel, Brian and Bear
Saturday was not a competely idle day, I had some food shopping to do, as  the shops are closed on Sundays and nothing will be open on Ostermontag.  I walked to Weststadt,  (not enough energy for "Wicki" just yet) about a three mile return  stroll, and visited a REWE supermarket, a shop similar to a Lidl or Aldi.   I bought salad stuff,  Milch and yet another packet of Holtseer cheese, a strong and really smelly gift to the human race.  I can smell it from one end of my flat to the other, it lingers in the air as a heavy odour and I am already completely addicted.

I was weary on Saturday and needed a good rest in dappled light,  which brings me to the subject of electric blinds.  Every window in this flat has electrically operated blinds outside the windows.  They offer good security protection and keep in the warmth in winter and the sun out in the warmer months.   Mine are doing overtime at the moment, it is really hot here and I can control the amount of heat that enters my flat with a switch.   They are a very practical idea and one we should adopt in the UK.   I expect they would be expensive, especially if imported from Deutschland into Grossbritannien.

I now have a tv, so I'm permanently tuned into a German news channel that has  words running beneath, just like News 24.  This is the way to learn another language, no Englisch, just Deutsch, Deutsch, Deutsch from every direction and with no escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment