Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 April 2011

Wednesday, Huge Supermarket and Wedding Fever.


Henry the Lion's Lion
The Royal Wedding seems a big topic here, everyone seems to like the idea of a fairy tale wedding, although the Germans are quite happy not to have a monachy.  The papers are full of details about how ordinary Kate is and how wealthy William is!   I attempt to read the "Braunschweiger Zeitung" the local paper, in an attempt to keep up to date with the thoughts and ideas of ordinary people.  Mind you, some of the long German words, the sort that have 27 characters are a bit beyond me at the moment!

Yesterday I shopped with a friend and car in a huge supermarket.  I bought the heavy stuff, water, fruit juice and milk, the stuff I cannot easily carry. I stood bewildered at the choice, the place was so big I could not see the anything I needed.  I came out with strong, smelly cheese, so many wonderful varities to choose from, German beer, well I need a drop sometimes, and a packet of Ryvita type cardboard biscuits. 

We later visited somewhere a little smaller, so much more my style.  There I found exactly what I needed.  I am still slightly lost in my huge flat, I like small spaces, but here I have a long walk from one end to the other, although the sound of Vivaldi from my music centre reverberates magically around the space.  I am very fortunate.  It was very hot yesterday and will be again today.  Easter celebrations are in full swing!


No comments:

Post a Comment