Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 April 2011

A Busy Day in Bath with a Buzzing Mind!

I visited Bath today and found myself in the Fashion Museum.  To mark the imminant Royal Wedding, the museum has mounted an exhibition of Wedding Dresses dating from the 1800's.  The oldest dress in the museum, dated circa. 1660 was also on display, not a wedding dress but a very beautiful Court Dress from the time of King Charles 11.  The gowns were stitched mostly in white or ivory silks, satins and lace and some were embroidered with the most intricate beaded decoration, all a real feast for the eye.

My head is rather spinning at the moment with, "Have I remembered this and have I packed that,"  Not to worry, I can always buy what I have forgotten in Braunschweig.  I have a 20kg baggage restriction and have already reached 17kgs so cannot pack too much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment