Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 April 2011

"A Mature Woman's Guide to German Train Spotting"

Wednesday morning it rained, the first of my visit, so I consulted the above book and in Chapter 2, "Stuck in on a Wet Morning?"  found a guide to identifying German trains!!  I jest, it was wet, and from the front window of my flat I have a grandstand view of all the passing trains, those from Hannover that serve this local region. 


Car transporter from Volkswagen.
 One photo shows the "ICE" InterCityExpress, the silver grey with a red strip along its length, fast train that serves the long distances between major cities.  A local red double-decker train serves the smaller towns.  I did not take the "ICE" photo, I do not live on the track!   www.seat61.com/ice.htm    Really smart trains!

VW's state of the art car plant is not far from here at Wolfsburg, where there is a visitor centre. I was to visit last year, but the heatwave defeated me, 38c was just too hot to visit a car plant.  I will make a visit later in the year.  Car transporters pass frequently loaded with vehicles.

An "ICE" Train
Yesterday I went to the Birthday Party of a good friend, ate too much wonderful cake of course, but  had a good time with my ears ringing with German conversation.   Today I must shop again, I forgot the milk yesterday and today must bake some scones.  On Friday I visit J & G in Querum for a "Let's Watch the Wedding on Sky TV in English"  whilst at the same time eating English Scones with Cream and Jam.  This will be our Street Party Celebration! 


No comments:

Post a Comment