Powered By Blogger

Saturday 30 April 2011

The Wedding Day with Tea and Scones.

Janet in her greenhouse.
Post Wedding tea
 The Big Day started a little too early for me.  In order to reach the S-Bahn stop at Weserstrasse by 09.30 I had to get up really early to sort things before I left home, and I had to remember to pack everything, including my home made scones and Bisto and Oxo cubes for Janet, these cannot be bought in Germany!   It was an easy journey, hop off the tram onto the bus and I arrived  at Janet's at 10.40, in time to watch the Wedding on Sky TV in English.   What a pretty dress she wore, all lacy top and I liked the plainness of the gown and veil, and such a tiny bouquet. 

After the "Big Ceremony" we sat on the terrace, drank tea, spoke English and enjoyed the sunshine in Janet's garden, with its profusely blooming lilac bush and ruby red tulips.   I arrived home at 18.30, weary from sitting down and watching the box all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment