Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 August 2011

Bats at Choir Practise and Goodbyes at Hannover Airport

Pipistrelle Bats
Robert and Louise enjoyed their week's stay with me, and today I took them back to Hannover Airport for their flight to Southampton.   They packed their bags on Thursday evening while I was at choir practise with the bats!   At the practise we sang during the first half and then stopped for  our usual drinks  break, (I always drink a small beer, it's good for my voice) and during the second half we were joined by a bat.   One bat became two bats, two became three and so on, until six bats were circling their way around the large hall in which we practise.   It was quite an amazing sight to see them ducking and diving at close hand.   We couldn't work out how they had got in as no windows were open.   As we left we told the manager that he had bats in his hall.  "Several Bats?" he enquired,  "I only had one last night."   We left him to deal with the problem.  I assume they would find their freedom if he left a window open, or would that be inviting more to come in?   I know nothing about bat behaviour.

The photo below shows Robert and Louise waiting to go into the departure lounge at Hannover Airport.  I was sad to see them go, they were good company during the week.
Rob and Louise waiting at departures at Hannover Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment