Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Webcam Views of Braunschweig on August 9th 2011

The Burgplatz today with the open air theatre.
If the webcam takes a photo everyday at 12.15 from the Rathaus, I think I'd better try to wave to you all from in front of  the arches.   The photo left shows the open air theatre, ready for the performances of "Turandot" which start on August 20th.  I have a ticket for the performance on the 28th, so please keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't rain.  The photo below shows the former Residential Palace of the Dukes of Braunschweig.  It was partially destroyed during the war, but rebuilt and opened in 2006 as a  huge shopping complex.  A library is housed at the far end and a museum and the city archives on the left.  The Quadriga on top is the largest in Europe, and there is a viewing platform from where you can get a wonderful view over the city rooftops.

I've been food shopping all day.  Robert and Louise are here next week, so I've stocked up on bread, eggs, bacon, pizza, chips and beer!    I will stick to my salads and a pint!
Schloss Arkaden today.

No comments:

Post a Comment