Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 August 2011

These Feet are NOT Made for Walking, (well not until they have had a well earned rest!)

These are the feet that climbed up to "Rabenklippen" in the Harz, (not in these shoes,) had a good lunch and then came down again!  It was a hard walk, especially as I'd spent the week before climbing blast furnaces and coalmines in the Ruhr Valley.  Today the feet are resting, although I went out this afternoon and  bought yet more smelly cheese.   September arrives on Thursday and I can smell autumn in the air.   The leaves are  tinged with brown, and for the first time I feel I want to return home for the English winter, which hopefully,  will be slightly warmer than the German version. 

I had some good news from Monika yesterday.  She has managed to exchange the "Turandot" tickets for another evening.  We visit again next Tuesday Sept. 6th at 19.30.    Fingers crossed please for a dry evening this time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment