Powered By Blogger

Saturday 27 August 2011

Rain, Storm and Turandot.

I think the rain from England has arrived, as last night it poured, there was a lightning storm with big bangs in the garden!   Thank goodness it is slowly getting brighter  because tonight I'm  going with Monika and Ralph to a performance of Puccini's "Turandot" in the Burgplatz open air theatre.  I have just read a synopsis of the opera, and I do know some of the music, "Nessun dorma" is one of the arias.  The poster, right, is the original poster for the opera first sung in "La Scala" Milan on Sunday 26th April 1926 and conducted by ArturoToscanini, a conductor with much wild flair!   I like Turandot's heavy lidded eyes and her expression of, "Oh dear, I must marry the man who has solved my riddles."   I like the green jade earrings too.   I'll write my review of tonight's performance tomorrow, complete with photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment