Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Washing, Housework, Shopping and other boring stuff!

Tuesday is washday, shopping day, cleaning the flat day and generally doing not much else day.  I did the washing early to take full advantage of the warm and sunny drying weather.   I hate doing the housework,  but the photo left shows my nice flat after the vacuum cleaner had  been  wrestled   out of its cupboard. (not that often.)   I did a little dusting (not much) and my home looks clean and tidy again.    Mid morning I walked into Weststadt and did the usual shopping, mostly milk, salad and cheese, and as I'd nearly run out of shampoo,  I bought a bottle of  REWE's best at 0.99€  per gallon!  That should last me another 9 weeks, as that is all that is left of my extended stay in Timmerlah.  I am beginning to feel a sense of regret wafting over me.

I mentioned yesterday that life in Devizes has started to impinge upon my life here.  I've received information about my choir activities and I'm engaged in the long distance organisation of my new "German for the Terrified" group which starts on October 18th.  I've also offered to lead a Wednesday walk, an old favourite,  catching the bus to Seend and then walking back along the canal to the newly refurbished, after a devastating fire,  "Black Horse" pub for lunch.   A pint of English beer will taste particularly good, especially if we can sit in the sunshine beside the Kennet & Avon Canal and watch the narrowboats cruise by.    Back tomorrow, Gute Nacht!













No comments:

Post a Comment