Powered By Blogger

Friday 12 August 2011

Rehearsal for "Turandot" and Wedding Day at the "Rathaus."

I just happened to be in town on my way to visit a friend when I heard the sound of singing!   Rehearsals have started  in the open air theatre in the "Burgplatz" for the performances of "Turandot" that start on August 20th.  The singing  sounded wonderful, and several of us who had gathered to listen,  clapped and cheered at the end.  I took these photos on my Nokia phone, so they are slightly fuzzy, I left my nice camera at home today.  Something always turns up when I don't have the camera with me.  We've had some really heavy rain this evening, and the weather is really gloomy.   I'm hoping it will cheer up this week for Rob and Louise, who arrive at Hannover Airport at 10.30 tomorrow morning. 

The lowest photo shows a wedding outside the "Rathaus."  Friday seems to be wedding day and the square outside was full of families celebrating  and couples kissing, drinking champagne and ducking the confetti and rice!   Judging by the singing and shouting, this wedding was for an Italian couple.    The groom wouldn't stop kissing his new wife who kept screaming with delight!
 
The cast rehearsing.

Wedding Day at the "Rathaus."

No comments:

Post a Comment