Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 31 August 2011

A Day of Thinking About What I Should be Doing if I had the Energy!

I have a lot to do, but at the moment I feel totally lazy!   My feet are still getting over their walk down the gasometer and then up the mountain!   Here are yet more lions, I saw these today on the side of the M3 tram at Weserstrasse.  They are advertising "Wolters" beer which is brewed in Braunschweig, and is a rather bitter drink that I avoid if possible!   I like "Krombacher" which is brewed in Kreuztal, Germany, and which has a fruitier, sweeter taste.    I'll drink "Wolters" only if nothing else is available!

Today I started to prepare a talk I will be  giving  to the DEG  (German/English Association) on September 15th about the Kennet & Avon Canal from Bath to Devizes.   Bath is twinned with Braunschweig, and the talk is part of this year's 40th year celebrations of the twinning.   I just hope I can get my Powerpoint presentation to work.  I need to sequence the photographs, add captions and organize my talk around the pictures.  I'll write myself a crib with dates, depths, lengths, milages etc as my ageing brain cannot remember off hand all the detail.   I like talking to an audience, once I get going I have to be forced to stop!   I can talk for England!

No comments:

Post a Comment