Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 August 2011

Monday, a new Week, a new Bus Pass and marginally better Weather.

I bought my brand new bus pass today, 46.50€ or £40.85, not too expensive and much cheaper than buying weekly tickets.  I miss the free bus travel  that I enjoy in England, we  English "crumblies" are very lucky.    The weather today is marginally better, but I've searched the sky and found no sun, only black and grey clouds.  I've asked my Swiss email partner to send the sun.  He says its  shining in Basel, and it is a lovely summer's day.   That is fortunate because  today is Switzerland's Birthday and the country is celebrating with a  Bank Holiday.  

The picture below shows the sky here at 3.45pm this afternoon, no sun, only a heavily overcast vista with rain threatening.   I've found a good channel on the radio and at the moment I'm listening to a Mozart Piano Concert, I'm not sure which one. 

I have started  preparing my Devizes U3A "German for the Terrified" group, a new session of four classes will begin on Tuesday October 17th.   I ran a group earlier this year and it was great fun.  Hopefully my old group members will want to come back for more.  The lower photo shows white Phlox growing in Bettina's front garden, posted here just for some good cheer. 

I looked for the sun, but she did not shine!

White Phlox growing in Bettina's front garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment