Powered By Blogger

Thursday 11 August 2011

A Visit to the Station for Train and Bus Tickets.

This is a view of the main train station in Braunschweig, built in the 1960s to replace the old station that had been destroyed, except for the facade, during the last war.  It has a huge entrance foyer, a newspaper and book shop, a chemist, two small cafes and a Burger King.   I needed to buy tickets for my journey to Hannover Airport on Saturday to meet Robert and Louise.  I also had to buy their tickets back to BS,  so the discussion in German about what I needed, tested my linguistic skills to the full.  I eventually ended up with two threesome tickets.  After my purchases the receptionist said in perfect English, "Have a nice day."

On Saturday I go to Hannover Airport alone, but three of us come back.  On Friday 19th August, three of us go to the Airport, but only one of us (me) comes back.  (This sounds like a mental arithmetic exercise from my childhood.)  I hope you have not lost the will to live!   Buying the tram and buses tickets proved easier, I asked for ten, paid, and that was it.

It is choir practise tonight, and we are going through our pieces for our concert this Sunday in Burg Warberg.  We have a pause during our practise, and I always sing better after a pint of German beer.

Burg Warberg – Wikipedia


de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burg_Warberg - Cached

No comments:

Post a Comment