Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 May 2011

Big Catch Up. Friday 20th May.

Bicycle Park Hbf
 This Blog forms the basis of some illustrated talks I will give when I return later in the year.  I'll be brief with the news till I catch up:
I visited the main station to buy tickets for Dresden and Hannover but left my DCard at home!  I will have to go back.  I saw many lost souls in the bicycle park looking for their bikes!  I was not surprised.  This photo shows only a third of the park!

A big locomotive with some very large wheels is on display outside station. There was no plaque giving any information.  I walked to the Dom where I chatted in German to an elderly lady who was born in Leipzig.  We talked for an hour or so about the old times in the DDR.  She now lives in BS near daughters.

Back in the Dom for the daily 10 minutes of reflection and some great organ music. A splendid sound. 

Bigger Wheels

No comments:

Post a Comment