Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Heavy Rain This Evening and Last Week's Storm Sky.

My flat on the second floor gives me a panoramic view of the countryside and I have a huge amount of sky to watch.  These photos show last week's approaching storm at sunset, when the sky became the most amazing mix of pinks, blue/greys and purples.  The bottom picture shows Zephyrus on the skyline, the windmill that seems to  produce more energy than the rest put together.
Germany has decided to decommision it's nuclear reactors by 2022.  Are they hoping that wind power will be enough to produce all country's needs?   I can't see that happening unless the landscape is filled with mills.  Will they be forced to import energy from power stations in France?
There's a big scare here over the virulent E-Coli strain that has killed several people in the Hamburg area.  I've decided to cook everything, tomatoes (not lettuce) and onions and will give cucumbers and gherkins a miss for a while.   Tomorrow I have to buy a month's travel card, the cheapest option for my journey into the city.  I am not used to paying for bus travel, we British oldies are very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment