Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 May 2011

Today's the Day, Online Again with a New Gadget.

A Deutsch-English, French-German, Latin-German, touch of a button translator
I met Janet today in a lovely bookshop where we each had a hot chocolate in the cafe and then, with her help, I bought a new toy, oh, I do love my gadgets and this is a really useful addition to my collection.  (I won't say how much it cost!)  I watch the equivalent of our News 24 here, where news items in repeated sentences travel along the bottom of the screen.   For learning a language this is great stuff, a constant repetition of new words, and now when I don't know a meaning I can just type in it and "Bob's your uncle" there's the translation.  No more long-hand writing and then checking on my online dictionaries. 

I came home to the news that our splendid new Router is now working.  The  fault was in the exchange somewhere or other.

No comments:

Post a Comment