Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 May 2011

Catch up, Sunday May 22nd Vivaldi in the Dom.

In the morning I walked to the edge of the wood and my favourite seat for some sunbathing and an attempt at a super hard sudoku, I soon gave in and came home for lunch, a nutty roll with super smelly cheese.

In the afternoon I visited the Dom and arrived early to hear a full rehearsal of Vivaldi's "Gloria" (I sang along and know the soprano line off by heart)  Charpentier's "Te Deum" and Mendelssohn's "Hymne" famous for its, "Oh for the wings of a Dove" soprano solo.  Lovely music, lovely space, lovely everything.  The evening concert was free, and given by the Cathedral junior choir, it was brilliant and they all seemed so young and happy.  The short video shows the rehearsal in the late afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment