Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Eating Cake (too much) and Timmerlah Connections


Timmerlah Church with its Onion Dome.
Today was warm and sunny and I spent the afternoon eating cake and drinking tea with friends from one of the English groups.  Both spoke excellent English, so I wasn't able to practise my much improved German.  I came back on the bus and tram to Weserstrasse and walked the last half mile home to Timmerlah with the dog walkers in comfortable evening sunshine

I received an interesting email this evening from a gentleman seeking information about his family who have Timmerlah connections.   He'd read my Blog and decided to contact me to see if I'd be interested in uncovering any history from the church.  I will find this really interesting.   I've tried tracing my family, but I soon realised in year 1856 how much time and expense was involved.   I shelved the idea and stuck with German grammar and compound nouns.

No comments:

Post a Comment