Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 May 2011

A Room With a View.


The View with two Windmills.
 This is the view from my front window, one floor up.  On the distant hill (well, bump) you might be able to see two windmills.  In this landscape the mills don't seem obtrusive, but then there seems to be so much open space here.  They are graceful structures, gently winding their way through the air. I don't know the opinion of the people living in the houses underneath, would I want one in my garden? Uhmm!  I will find out how much energy they generate per day for the German economy.

Today I visit the Gliesmaroder English Group, the group with whom I have kept in contact for the last three years.  They have become good friends, especially Monika who is a regular email partner and sends me cheerful little animations of flowers, horses and sunshine.  It will be nice to meet up again and see if their English has improved as much as my German.   I hope so, although at the moment I still don't understand the reflexive verbs!  Well I know the the rules, but I just cannot feel their use.   Anyone who has ever learnt a foreign language will know what I mean.   Tschuess!   Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment