Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 May 2011

Geriatric One Handed Cycling in Timmerlah Woods.

I managed some serious cycling practise on Saturday, and even had the courage to cycle along a road, although I'm never convinced I'm on the right side!   It is nerve wracking!  However, what a friend has described as "Wickibot" has subsided, the bruising has mellowed and cycling has become more comfortable.  Now I won't need the padded knickers!    I rode again through Timmerlah Woods, a place with so many cycleways it is easy to get lost.   While taking this videoclip, I danced a little with death and practised "Geriatric one handed cycling," with my right hand on the handlebars and the left holding my phone camera.  I don't recommend this on uneven surfaces, with professionals overtaking at speed and teenage cyclists hell bent on self destruct.

Wicki has a fatal flaw!  She has a fixed wheel which means that if I pedal backwards, I come to a skidding halt!  Most of the time it's no problem, but is a real nuisance when I stop at junctions and have to dismount and reorganise the pedals.   I will get left behind  on the May 22nd "Timmerlah Residents' Cycle Tour of 25-30 km"  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment