Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 4 May 2011

On a Bicycle Made for One!

"Wicki" the Wonderbike.
Tuesday was the "Day of the Bike" I felt confident enough with the traffic direction to venture out on "Wicki."  What had been a good 1.5 hours return walk to Weststadt for the daily essentials, became a 40 minute bike/shop/bike ride.   Going was very slightly downhill all the way, but on my return I had to get off and walk, this all peanuts to passing cyclists (Grannies included) but it felt like a mountain to me.  It was my first cycle ride since my last visit nine months ago, so I was a bit puffy on my return. 

On the afternoon of May 22nd there is a Timmerlah Residents group cycle ride of 25-30 Km.  Children and grandparents are invited, so I have now gone into "Must cycle everyday or I get left behind" mode.

Ines and the girls visited for tea at 4.30pm.  It was so nice to see them all again and little G has grown a good 6ins (I've not gone metric yet) since I last saw her.  I stayed  with Ines and her family for three weeks last year and they made me very welcome.  Now it's my chance to entertain them with strong English tea, biscuits and Chocolate Bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment