Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 May 2011

Catch Up, Thursday 26th May.

Splendid family Monument
I visited St Katharinen in the morning to find the font, as this was the church in which Augusta, Sophie, Helene was baptised on 25.5.1879 and a member of the family in which I have become involved.  (I should have visited on the 25.5 2009, I just missed an anniversary.)  The present font is modern, and I could find no reference to its original position.  Augusta's  Grandfather came from Timmerlah, where at the moment, the trail goes cold.  A lovely church with huge monuments and it managed to suvived the wartime bombing with minor damage.

I later visited the City of BS museum to meet a friend who does voluntary work there.  She showed me around the latest display of scenes from life just after the war, showing the same shortages and problems that we had in Britain.  I must return as there is so much of interest to read and it's all in German so I need time to think!    Telekom failed to appear yet again.
Nave of St. Katharinen.

No comments:

Post a Comment