Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 May 2011

Football/English/Wind and Rain.

The New Flag of "Brunswick United."
A new flag is flying.   Eintracht Braunschweig have moved up to the second division, much to the excitement of the fans.  A big celebration took place at the Schloss on Sunday, where the team appeared on the balcony in front of their adoring fans.  I wasn't there of course, I was in the Elm Forest enjoying a lovely walk, a beer and a big lunch. The team wear blue and yellow and this flag has "You'll never walk alone" written across the bottom.

Today I visited the two English Groups and a good time was had by all, chatting and laughing about the challenges of learning a foreign language when our brain cells are much reduced.   Next week we will be celebrating Gerd und Ursula's Wedding Anniversary with wine and snacks.  Oh dear, very early in the day to celebrate with alcohol and yet another chance to enhance the short term memory loss.   I am looking forward to it!  (the wine not the memory loss.)

It has been a horrible day weatherwise, drizzly rain and strong winds and the buses and trams were full of damp people, school children with enormous backpacks, crying babies and a couple of friendly dogs.   I was pleased to come back to my quiet flat and drink several cups of tea.  Tomorrow will be quiet too, I need milk and smelly cheese and will cycle to the shops, as I need practise for next Sunday's 25-30 km ride around Timmerlah.  

I don't know yet if I will make it, I still feel washed out after my cold last week,  but once on a bike with other riders, chatting and laughing, it is easy to forget the ankle pain and botty bruising on a hard saddle.  I hope the sun shines, I don't do rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment