Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Timmerlah is Alive With the Sound of Music.


<><><><><><><>
<><><><><><><><>
                     When Little Fountains Flow.

 "To wander is the miller's joy, to wander."  I have sung this so often in English, now a chance to sing it in German!  I have joined a choir, "The Concordia-Brunsviga" a choir with  about 30 singers.   We meet on Thursday evenings and our programme  for the coming concert consists of seven songs, two of which we will sing in English, "Amazing Grace" and "I Can't Stop Loving You."  

The others songs are German Folk melodies and it is so nice to sing some lighter music, I get bogged down in JS Bach (my boyfriend) Mozart and Haendel.  Mind you, I can get bogged down with JS anytime, I would love to have met the man but here in Germany, I am closer to the great man himself.


I love singing,  "Wenn alle Bruennlein fliessen,"  when all the little fountains flow."  The words are lovely, a real joy to sing.
On  Sunday afternoon, May 29th, we will be singing in a small concert with other choirs.  Ohh! it is all so interesting and music is a great uniter of people.   When I return from the long sleep, and I am reborn as a concert soprano, I will sing JS Bach (my boyfriend) and Mozart all around the world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment