Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 May 2011

Singing to Myself/New Black Trousers/Choir Outfit.

This photo has nothing to do with today's activities, but I thought it a nice picture and is of an old steam train that stands outside the Hauptbahnhof, the main Railway station.  The cronically congested bicycle park shown on last Friday's Blog is nearby.

I had to sing to myself this morning for some practice, as last Thursday evening at choir practise I received three more pieces of music to sing that I have never seen before.   Two are in German and one in Platt Deutsch, which at first I thought was Dutch.  Thank goodness I can read music, otherwise I will have to mime!

Today I bought some black trousers to wear for the choir's concert on Sunday.  We will sing English and German folk songs with another choir in a Hof in Adenbuettel.  Coffee and cake is served at 14.00, and we sing from 15.00 onwards.  We ladies will be wearing scarlet blazers, white blouses and black trousers, and will look really smart.  I will take some photos if I can. 

It is little chilly here today and the Windpark is busy in the breeze.  We've had some rain recently,  so the crops growing in the fields outside my windows are now knee high.  The moles seem to have disappeared!

No comments:

Post a Comment