Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 May 2011

A Sunny Sunday in the City.


Singing in the Kohlmarkt

St. Magniviertal Cafes.
 I had a "Wander around and see what happens afternoon" on Sunday.  I have to be in the right mood to do this, otherwise I can't hang about on street corners feeling relaxed and watching the world pass me by!

The city was lovely, and really quiet because there is no Sunday shopping in Germany .  Many people work odd hours, so Sunday is keep workfree so that families can have a day together.   I walked to the St. Magniviertal, with its wonderful church and huge sandy square with pleasant outdoor cafes under the trees.   I then found my way to the Kohlmarkt, where a tenor was singing his heart out to the accompaniment of a loudspeaker on wheels.   He sang to an interested lady bystander, and she made all the right movements when he feigned operatic feelings of love and adoration for her!   Ahhhhh lovely, we all need a little dream romance in our lives!  I hoped he would have sung something in English, and then I could have jumped up and sung my heart out. Traa li la la, traa li la la, doo boobi doo!

No comments:

Post a Comment