Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 July 2011

"Blowing a Gale of Wind," that's East Anglian for, "It's very Windy."

I don't know whether you will be able to hear my words on this videoclip, there was such a wild wind blowing today that at times I gasped for breath.   The weather has been diabolical and so cold.  Today I put on the heating and I'm wearing socks and two sweaters.  I will never  ever moan about the hot weather again, at the moment I feel as if I am back in Devizes on a cold, drizzly November day. 

This weather makes me feel bone idle, I did not want to go out today, but thought I'd better get some exercise for my health and fitness.   I must have walked about 3.5 miles in the woods, and feel better for the exercise.   I came home to a nice cuppa and put my feet up.  

I've found a nice classics programme on the radio, rather like our "Classic FM" or "Radio 4."   Today seems to be a Bach and Beethoven day, wonderful music from two of Germany's most famous composers.   Tomorrow evening I am going to an organ concert in Konigslutter Dom with Monika and Ralph.  I know there is some Bach on the programme!    It's just started raining again here by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment