Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 July 2011

Meggie Visits me from Hamburg

These pumpkins have nothing to do with Meggie, they are growing at the bottom of Janet's garden and the plant is becoming so big, she doesn't know what to do with it.

Meggie arrived at 12.45pm from Hamburg today, and I was so pleased to see her again.  We did our usual galloping act along the station platform, me as a reindeer and she as a rabbit. (we are both a touch mad.) She is staying in a lovely hotel, and after settling in we wandered into town, did a bit of sightseeing and shopping and then tonight had a meal and a beer.   I had "Fish and chips" for the first time in three months, and it tasted so nice, although not quite as good as the "chippie" in Devizes Market Place.    I am so tired tonight, all I want to do is get horizontal.

Tomorrow Meggie comes to Timmerlah for lunch, and then we will have another wander around the city, another meal and more beer!   Below is another lion, this time on a small trailer carrying  "Wolters Pilsener," which is brewed in their Braunschweig brewery.     More tomorrow, I must sleep.   Gute Nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment