Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 July 2011

My Favourite Seat has Gone!

My seat has gone!
 In the little alcove beside the great door once stood my favourite "Sit and watch the world go by whilst eating an ice cream" bench.  It was a  wooden bench supported by two wonderful lions, one of which  had been stroked on his nose so frequently, that it was shiny and polished.   I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the seat had gone and had mourned a miniature grief,  but its disappearance is all in a good cause. 

The Cathedral has no entrances for the disabled, and these photos show the new raised pavement that has been built to allow wheel chairs and trollies into the building.  Work finishes at the end of July and it will now be much easier for everyone to go into the lovely building.

The photo below shows three St John's Ambulance rescue dogs and their handlers, waiting to go into the cathedral for a special service to say "thank you" to all the members of the Braunschweig ambulance and rescue service.    The dogs waited so patiently on a warm day while everyone went into the cathedral, and then they went in last.  Sweet creatures and so very friendly.


In the background of the photo is a seat  supported by lions. It's identical to my favourite seat,  I do hope I get it back!
St John's Ambulance Rescue Dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment