Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 July 2011

Studying the Menu and Deciding on Fish and Chips.

Here it is, high in saturated fat, but it tasted wonderful.  My first plate of England's traditional dish since I arrived  in April, went down very well with a pint of German beer!  Ahhh Heaven!   Meggie went home on the 16.40 to  Hamburg this afternoon and I will miss her chats about English grammar, the beer and the fish and chips!  I am now back on salads.

The photos below show us sitting in a lovely cafe in the St Magniviertal, reading whilst waiting for our mugs of hot chocolate to be served.   The area reminds me of little villages in the South of France,  with their tree lined, wide, sandy squares, all waiting for the elderly Boules players to awake from their afternoon naps and throw silver balls at one another.  The day was humid and muggy and it was from here that we walked to "Galleria" to buy the umbrella that was never needed.   The sun has shone since its purchase.  

Now Meggie has gone, it is back to my German email writing.   I have had a week off from my daily battle with the written language, although I spoke so much German with Meggie, when she got a little tired of speaking English.



No comments:

Post a Comment