Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 July 2011

Storm Clouds and Shopping for Cheese, (again)

Here's another panoramic view from my lounge window, from where I can enjoy a vast expanse of sky and weather.   This storm passed by Timmerlah, but several other villages suffered some damage with uprooted trees.  A sudden, huge wind  picked up,  which  blew the  cards off my desk and forced me to shut the windows.  It was a very dramatic and exciting hour.  Fortunately the thunder and lightning stayed well in the distance.

Today was quiet after my late night attempting to play Boules.   I needed rolls and cheese and had run out of hair spray, so I was forced to go shopping.  The day was cooler, Wednesday's temperature was around 24c. so today I was able to walk to Weststadt but returned on the bus.  My senior bus pass has made me a tad lazy, but I had two bags of heavy shopping, (mostly smelly cheese and fruit juice) so I couldn't walk back.

I couple of days ago I bought a packet of my favourite really smelly Swiss cheese.  I opened the packet at the bus stop and ate a slice.  Of course the packaging was then unsealed, and when I got on the bus,  I'm sure everyone wondered where the strong smell was coming from.   I kept a low profile and pretended it wasn't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment