Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Half Way Through My Stay and a Miserable Evening!

The dismal scene of bucketing rain and low cloud.
Here's the scene tonight outside my window at 21.15.  It is bucketing down, really dark and misty and feels a bit like November.  It is much cooler though, for which I am thankful.  There's not a lot to report today, although I heard the good news that my English friend, who has been so unwell for months, is going to Bad Nenndorf, near Hannover, for a cure at the spa.  I'm sure she will feel so much better after a relaxing three weeks in a Spa hotel with it's various treatments and relaxation therapies.   She has no date yet for her stay.

Changing the subject completely, I have found a lovely bead and jewellery making shop in Schloss Akarden.  It's not as good as our Devizes bead shop, but is heaven to me.  I've bought some bead thread and beads and have made myself a new necklace with matching earrings.  I'm so pleased I bought my jewellery pliers with me.   I've also made some earrings for a friend at choir, some pretty ones, with little musical notes, bass and treble clefs hanging from chain.  

Now I must make a cuppa.  I'm watching the Woman's Football World Cup on the tv, Japan v Sweden and the score is 1:1 at the moment.  It was a shame that both England and Germany were knocked out last weekend.  Lots of news here about the "Murdoch Clan" and their desire to control our thought processes.   I've never trusted that man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment