Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Marienborn Photos and Playing Boules in Wolfenbuettel.

 Three more photos from Tuesday's visit to the Border Museum.  The photo right shows sculptured hands, celebrating the uniting of  East and West Germany in 1990.  The photos below show more views of the crossing.  The crossing is now on the A2 Autobahn, the busiest and most dangerous Autobahn in Germany.  It is the direct route from Eastern Europe to the Western sea ports on the French and Belgium coasts.  I would not like to drive on this motorway, it is nerve wracking!  
Tonight I played Boules for the first time.  I went with my friend Barbara to her French/German group in Wolfenbuettel.  They play the game regularly and end the evening with a splendid buffet meal.  I drank only one beer unfortunately!   I am not sure it is my game, the throwing of 800g  silver coloured balls at a tiny 3cm green coloured wooden ball, a "Cochonnet" in French but Schweinchen (piglet) in German.  I got the hang of it, and managed to get close to the Schweinchen on a couple of occasions, but was either too heavy and the ball shot off the end of the pitch, or the throw was not heavy enough and the ball fell 2ft from my feet.   When rain threatened we went straight indoors and started eating and drinking,  it was a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment