Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 July 2011

A very Wet Sunday with Bach and Cups of Tea.

Netbook, Bach and a cup of tea.

The weather today was awful, with a fine, windy drizzle that made me feel as if I wanted to stay in bed all day.  The week had been a busy, so today was a "Take it easy day" with emails to write, books to read, the music of Bach to listen to and some interesting programmes on the tv about the last war but no Men's final from Wimbledon.  There was no coverage of any  tennis on any channel here, not even coverage when German players were playing.  I was a bit disappointed to say the least. 

At 4.30pm I started to develop "Cabin Fever" so caught the bus and tram to the main station in Braunschweig to find some information about day trips on the train.  Braunschweig was very close to the old border between East and West Germany and in Helmstadt, which was on the border, I've found that there is a "Border Museum" and a stretch of the old border you can visit.   I'll take a trip there one day when it stops raining and the sun shines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment