Powered By Blogger

Monday 5 September 2011

Autumn's in the Air

I took the two photos here tonight as the sun was going down and leaving a golden light cross the field of beet, as yet unharvested.   On a distant hill is Zyphrus, my favourite windmill, who has never stopped turning for the last five months.  In the centre can be seen in the far distance  "The Brocken" the hightest point in the Harz.  I can view  a vast wideness  of sky from my windows,  and I shall miss this scene when I return to Devizes. 

I had a quiet day today, I went to the two English groups this morning where we struggled with English and German, and then came home in the gentle mid afternoon warmth to a nice cuppa and a biscuit.   I feel my stay is drawing to a close, and I can feel the "Goodbyes" overwhelming me.   This Thursday will be my last choir practise, and I have to thank all the singers for making me feel so welcome, I shall be sad.  Tomorrow evening we visit the open air theatre to see "Turandot."   Cross your fingers that it does not rain as it did before, I shall be so disappointed if it is cancelled  again.

No comments:

Post a Comment