Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Vacuuming/Polishing/Shopping/Thinking/Projecting Pictures

Texas Instruments "Beamer"
A friend  was visiting today, so the vacuum cleaner had to be prised out of its cupboard,  a rare happening these days, as  I  get terrible backache when I do the vacuuming,  (that's my excuse.)  I cleaned the carpets, dusted and polished the furniture and was so pleased with the end result, that I wondered why I don't do the housework more often!  I later  had a good walk to Weststadt in a strong wind and bought the customary smelly cheese, nutty bread, other necessities and also some tasty butter biscuits, ahhh wonderful.  I came back on the bus with two bags of shopping and got to thinking and hoping that my PP presentation would work when my Netbook was connected to the "Beamer."   Thank goodness it did, we read the instructions, pressed fn and f4 together and "bob's your uncle" it worked first time.   We were so relieved.   I thought I had too many photos in the presentation, but we decided it is better to too many rather than too few.  My talk is this Thursday at the DEG, Frankfurter Strasse 18, fingers crossed for me.

One of my pictures is the map below, that shows the famous "Caen Hill Flight" of locks as seen on a canal map.  There are 29 locks in all, 16 of which are consecutive, a wonder of the Britishwaterway's canal system.   The flight of 16 is known as the "Devil's Backbone."  Viewed upright it looks like a spinal column with protruding discs.

No comments:

Post a Comment