Powered By Blogger

Monday 26 September 2011

A Walk in the Elm Forest and Other News.

My small Wolters beer.
I got up this morning and limped around the room, my ankles telling me that, for the time being, they had about enough of walking.  I made a cuppa, had some breakfast and suddenly they eased up a little, just in time for me to set off on the bus for my last sessions with the English groups.  I took two bottles of wine and some snacks with me for the "Aufwiedersehen, see you next year" party.  I felt a little weepy, but after a glass of wine and some nibbles I decided to cheer up.   We are in the middle of an Indian Summer here, it has been glorious again today. I basked in a mellow warmth and at moments on the tram, it felt like a hot summer's day.  Long may it last.

Above is yesterday's small Wolters beer, my welcome drink after the 5.5 miles I had just walked.  It was a wonderful hike, but I was glad I didn't know the distance before I went, otherwise I might not have gone.   Below sits Karl with that lovely little dog Donau, who merrily ran the whole 11.7 miles in total, darting in and out of bushes, carrying sticks twice her length and chasing the fresh air.  In the lower photo we can be seen waiting at the Gasthof to be served and the lowest picture shows a good example of a Currywurst in all its glory, complete with salad and chips.  It is a tasty dish, but I still prefer a good plate of fish and chips.
Karl and Donau.

Waiting to be served at the Gasthof.

A fine example of Currywurst, chips and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment