Powered By Blogger

Monday 19 September 2011

Out all day enjoying myself and not back in Timmerlah until 23.20.

Monday was very busy, I was out all day visiting friends and enjoying myself!  Here are some photos from my  walk in the park near the Inselwall.   On the right, yet another lion, this time with his ball, or is that meant to be the  world!   Below is a statue of Carl Friedrich Gauss, who was born in Braunschweig in April 1777.   The son of a poor family, he was a maths prodigy as a child.  You can read more about him on   www.wikipedia.org.  "Carl Friedrich Gauss."   He was a brilliant mathmatician and responsible for the Gaussian scale for measuring magnetic fields.  (I don't know anything about this, my non mathmatical brain is on the wrong side of my head.)

The lowest photo shows a very attractive little suspension bridge that spans the River Oker.  Braunschweig developed in the 10th century at a place where it was easy to ford the river.  The river was later diverted and manipilated to surround the city.  Together with the city walls, it was an easy place to defend against warring factions.  These photos were taken on my mobile phone and are a little fuzzy, as was my head later in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment