Powered By Blogger

Monday 12 September 2011

Not a Lot to Report Really.

All's fairly quiet on the Timmerlah front at the moment, as the worst of the storms passed us by but dumped giant hailstones and a tornado in the Magdeburg area of Saxon-Anhalt, just a 50 minute ride on the train from here.   Roofs were tipped from their beams and cars were dented by the huge ice balls.  It is still very windy, the sky is grey and it looks as though another storm is on its way.  I do wish it would get a little cooler, it was 24c again today.    This afternoon  I tweaked both PP presentations, making sure that my spelling was correct and that the photos were in the proper order.   Friends visit tomorrow with the "Beamer," I assume they mean the projector, and we will practise beaming the photos onto a wall.  Fingers crossed that it works, as I can talk for hours on end, but a few photos will liven up my talk.  Here's the cover of a K&A brochure with Caen Hill in the background, I'm really looking forward to talking about this lovely flight of 29 locks.

I've been watching the US Open Tennis Championships on Eurosport, and was rather sad at Serena William's response at being penalised for shouting before her opponent could hit the ball.   I thought she was more dignified than that, and especially on September 11th, a date to remember.  I shall watch the men's final tonight, it starts at 10pm here and it will be late night viewing for me.  I'd like Mr Djokovic to win, he's very good looking with his jet black hair, ahhhhh.  The match will be a big power struggle against a certain Mr Nadal.

No comments:

Post a Comment